6. Global Payments (GPN) is a provider of electronic payments transaction processing services for consumers, merchants, independent sales organizations, financial institutions, government agencies and multinational corporations. The company will announce its second-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Jan. 5.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $64.51 million, or 80 cents per share, as compared to net income of $56.54 million, or 67 cents per share, in the corresponding quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $522.40 million, up 18% from $443.53 million recorded in the earlier year's third quarter. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 0.2%.
Operating profit for the quarter is pegged at $104.44 million, an increase of 25.6% from $83.14 million in same quarter last fiscal year. Return on equity is seen expanding to 19.84% from 19.43%, while return on assets is seen at 9.10% from 8.13% earlier. Also, gross margin is seen increasing to 65.33% from 65.23% earlier.Of the 31 analysts covering the stock, 61% recommend a buy and 39% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 9.4% to $52.00 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV