7. MSC Industrial Direct (MSM) markets and distributes a range of metalworking and maintenance, and repair and operations products. MSM will announce its first-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Jan. 5.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $59.23 million, or 93 cents per share, compared to $47.56 million, or 75 cents per share, in the same quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $545.70 million, an increase of 15% from $472.83 million recorded in the earlier-year period.
Operating profit for the quarter is seen increasing 24% to $95.63 million from $77.15 million in the year-ago quarter. Meanwhile, gross margin is seen expanding to 46.23% from 46.04% earlier. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 2.6%.Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 54% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 6% to $76.60 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV