8. Mosaic (MOS) is a producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients for the global agriculture industry. Mosaic will announce its second-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Jan. 4.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $585.13 million, or $1.32 per share, compared to $455.6 million, or $1.01 per share, in the same quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $3.25 billion, up 22% from $2.67 billion recorded in the 2011 third quarter.
Operating profit for the period is seen growing 26% to $828.88 million from $658.20 million in 2011 third quarter. Return on equity during the quarter is expected at 6.61%, while return on assets is seen at 4.77% The company saw a multifold increase in cash flow per share to $1.63 from $1.19 cents. Book value per share is expected to increase to $27.90 from $22.96. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 0.6%.Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend a buy and 43% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 34.8% to $67.80 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts