Need to Get Home on New Year's Eve? Call AAA
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- If you plan on ringing in 2012 at a party or a bar, you may want to look into alternate driving arrangements so you don't have to worry about heading home after having too much to drink.
Many local AAA auto clubs will offer "Tipsy Tows," a service that will take you and your car home for free after your New Year's Eve festivities. The Automobile Club of Southern California, for instance, runs its service from 6 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. New Year's Day.
|If you plan on ringing in 2012 at a party or a bar, you may want to see if your local auto club or sheriff's department can give you a ride home.|
Those in need of a lift can simply call 1-800-400-4AAA for a free tow home of up to seven miles. Passengers are excluded, and any tow of more than seven miles will cost the rate charged by the tow truck contractor. Reservations are not accepted.
Similar services from AAA are offered in Hawaii, Florida, Georgia, parts of Tennessee and Alabama.>>Beware of Fake Charities: 4 Tips for Donating AAA members can check to find their local auto club's Web site and see if a similar service is offered in their area. Revelers may also want to try calling their local sheriff's department; some municipalities will partner with local towing agencies to offer rides home as well. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV