BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The final trading day of 2011, which will decide whether the S&P 500 ends the year up or down, leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Friday, Dec. 30.
Friday's 5 Biggest Stories
Stock futures are fluctuating. Where will the
S&P 500 end the year? Place your bets now.
Raise your hand if you expected the IMF to tell Greece that a
50% haircut on its bonds wouldn't be enough.
It's a good thing former
(HPQ) CEO Mark Hurd says it's riddled with inaccuracies, because Gloria Allred's letter detailing his alleged sexual harassment makes him look pretty bad.
Company NewsOnly a few more days until the NYSE says "so long" to shares of bankrupt AMR Corp. (AMR).
MarketsComplacency is haunting the bond market.
Investment StrategyHedge funds fudging their quarterly return numbers? That doesn't sound like them at all.
Odds and EndsYou have to love it when author Michael Lewis playfully skewers his alma mater, although this time it's not Goldman!
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV