Midsouth Bancorp Stock Downgraded (MSL)
- MSL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MIDSOUTH BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 87.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MSL's net profit margin of 6.70% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $2.76 million or 31.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- MIDSOUTH BANCORP INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MIDSOUTH BANCORP INC reported lower earnings of $0.47 versus $0.51 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 38.3% in earnings ($0.29 versus $0.47).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income has decreased by 11.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $1.24 million to $1.10 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts