Stock Futures Waver as Stocks Head for a Mixed Year
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were rising moderately Friday as investors anticipated a quiet day of market activity in the final trading session of the year.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were unchanged 12,217. The index rallied by 1.1% on Thursday, bringing its year-to-date gain to 6%.
Futures for the S&P 500 were up 1 points, or 0.4 points above fair value, at 1258. The index, which also gained 1.1% yesterday, is in the green just barely for the year. Futures for the Nasdaq were also unchanged at 2277.
Investors are anticipating a quiet last session as many money managers have already checked out, having closed their books for the year. No major U.S. economic releases expected today. After the close, markets will remain shut on Jan. 2 in observance of the New Year's.On Friday, Germany's DAX was climbing 1.34% while London's FTSE was down 0.27%. Japan's Nikkei Average settled 0.67% higher and Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up 0.2%.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV