19. Visa (V), much like MasterCard, acts as the payment processor of credit cards for financial institutions by facilitating the authorization, clearing and settlement of transactions on its proprietary networks. Last week, it said is setting aside $1.6 billion to cover potential costs from pending lawsuits over alleged price-fixing of fees, adding to the $2.7 billion it already earmarked for such expenses.20. Wells Fargo (WFC) is one of the nation's largest banks and is not seeing the severe problems of its competitors. It's on Goldman Sachs' "conviction buy" list for 2012 and is "buy"-rated at S&P.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts