6. Qualcomm (QCOM), which has patents on and makes components that are used in most all mobile wireless communications devices, is on Wells Fargo's "priority" stock list and gets a "buy" rating from S&P and Goldman Sachs.
7. EMC (EMC) is the leader in data storage and is jumping into cloud computing, one of the industry's latest trends. It gets a "strong buy" five-star rating from S&P and shows up in several well-known mutual funds' top holdings.
8. SAP (SAP), cited by Deutsche Bank (DB) as one of its top European stock picks for 2012, dominates the world market for enterprise resource planning software. The company's shares have a three-year average annual return of 22% and a market value of $70 billion.
9. Akamai Technologies (AKAM) makes products that speed the delivery of content and applications over the Internet. S&P gives it its highest rating of five stars and a "strong buy" recommendation.10. McDonald's (MCD) is the world's largest fast-food chain and is on multiple "buy" lists for its steady earnings growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV