1. Apple (AAPL), the maker of consumer-electronic devices like the iPhone, iPad and iMac, is one of the most widely held stocks in the world. It made Bank of America/Merrill Lynch's list of top stocks for 2012 -- and several others'. The shares are up an average of 43% a year over the past decade. Goldman Sachs analysts say they still see great value.
Almost three-quarters of U.S. small and medium-sized businesses (with fewer than 1,000 workers) plan to purchase tablets over the next 12 months, with the iPad being the most considered among the group, according to an NPD report released Thursday. That will give Apple a boost unexpected by many investors.
2. Coca-Cola (KO), one of the world's biggest beverage companies, is on Morningstar's Ultimate Stock-Picker's list of favorites and is a top pick of Goldman Sachs and S&P for 2012.
3. Oracle (ORCL), a leader in business software and hardware, shows up on Goldman Sachs and S&P MarketScope's top picks list.4. International Business Machines (IBM), the computer industry conglomerate, has been a perennial "buy" on many lists over the past decade. Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) has been gobbling up its shares all year and so sees brighter days ahead. 5. Microsoft (MSFT), the software and all-around computing giant, is held by 16 of the top mutual funds tracked by Morningstar's Ultimate Stock Pickers list. In addition, S&P has it rated "buy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV