Shares of PrivateBancorp (PVTB) of Chicago closed at $10.74 Wednesday, for a year-to-date decline of 25%.
The company still owes $243.8 million in TARP money.FIG Partners analyst Christopher Marinac rates the shares "Market Perform," with an $11 price target, saying in November that with the shares trading at a significant discount to book value, "investors are seemingly ignorant of the company's significant progress on credit risk grade improvements." The analyst also said that "the company still requires additional capital to fund the repayment of TARP preferred but also permit external expansion of loan balances when economic conditions permit. A portion of this capital can be self -funded by retained earnings but likely additional shares must be considered at a future date in 2012 or 2013." Marinac estimates that PrivateBancorp will earn 45 cents a share in 2012 and 69 cents a share in 2013. The shares trade for 0.8 times their Sept, 30 tangible book value of $13.04, according to SNL, and for 17 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of 65 cents, among analysts polled by FactSet. Out of 14 analysts covering PrivateBancorp, four rate the shares a buy, while the remaining analysts all have neutral ratings. Interested in more on PrivateBancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV