2. Immunomedics (IMMU) focuses on the development of monoclonal antibody-based products for treating cancer, autoimmune and other serious diseases. The company has developed several advanced technologies enabling it to create humanized antibodies, which can be used either singly in unlabeled or naked form, or conjugated with radioactive isotopes, chemotherapeutics, cytokines or toxins, in each case to create highly targeted agents.
Seventy-eight percent of the nine analysts covering the stock recommend a buy on it. The stock's average 12-month price target is $5.13, which is 53.4% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For 2012 first quarter, the company recorded net loss of $5.1 million, or 7 cents per share, as compared to net loss of $6.5 million, or 9 cents per share in the year-earlier period. Overall revenue for the quarter grew to $1.1 million from $1.5 million in the same quarter in previous year. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the quarter were $20.7 million.In the second half of December, the company and UCB S.A. announced restructuring of the epratuzumab license agreement, providing UCB the flexibility to choose a partner to sublicense its rights for certain territories. In addition, UCB returned its buy-in right for the cancer indication to Immunomedics. Same month, Immunomedics was granted a U.S. patent for increasing longevity and protein yield from a cell culture. Also, the company presented two preclinical studies with an objective to produce potent therapeutics for diverse epithelial carcinomas, including breast cancer. For Clivatuzumab, the company completed enrollment for the phase Ib/II in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer and has begun preparations to launch a phase III pivotal trial of this agent for 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV