3. Curis (CRIS) is a drug discovery and development company engaged in developing cancer therapies. The company's advanced program is Hedgehog pathway inhibitor under collaboration with Genentech, a wholly owned member of the Roche Group.
All the nine analysts covering the stock recommend a buy on it. Its average 12-month price target is $6.07, up 33.1% from the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
For the 2011 third quarter, Curis reported revenue of $0.1 million, down from $3.2 million during the 2010 period. This decrease is attributable to $3.0 million in license fee revenue, which was recorded in the 2010 third quarter, subsequent to a major payment the company received from Debiopharm during the quarter. Operating expense was maintained at $5.0 million. Net loss stood at $4.2 million, or 5 cents per share, vs. net loss of $1.5 million, or 2 cents per share, for the same period prior year.Curis recently said that its collaborator Roche has submitted a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for Vismodegib (GDC-0449, RG3616) to the European Medicines Agency (EMA). During November, Curis entered into an agreement, wherein The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) will support the company's ongoing development of its oral small molecule dual Pi3K and HDAC inhibitor CUDC-907 targeting patients with B-cell lymphoma and multiple myeloma. Going forward, the company expects to initiate a Phase I clinical trial for an oral formulation of CUDC-101 and also a Phase I trial for new development candidate CUDC-907, a PI3K and HDAC inhibitor, during the first half of 2012. Debiopharm, the company's licensee for its Hsp90 inhibitor Debio 0932, has indicated that it plans to initiate Phase Ib studies of Debio 0932 in the near term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV