4. Quicksilver (ZQK) is a leading global youth apparel and accessory company focusing on lifestyle products associated with sports like surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding. The company's three core brands are Quiksilver, Roxy and DC, and several other smaller brands.
Seventy-three percent of the 11 analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. There are no sell ratings. The stock's average 12-month price target is $4.70, up 28.4% from the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
The company reported better-than-expected revenue of $545 million for the 2011 fourth quarter, vs. analysts' estimate of $528.5 million, an increase of 10% from $495 million in the 2010 quarter. Income from continuing operations, including pro-forma adjustments, stood at $67.9 million, or 38 cents per share, compared to a loss of $23.1 million, or 15 cents per share, during the same period previous year.For full year 2011, net revenue rose 6% to $1.95 billion, against $1.84 billion in fiscal 2010. The loss from continuing operations, including charges, reached $21.3 million, or 13 cents per share, from $11.5 million, or 9 cents per share, for full year 2010. Revenue generated from the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific for full year 2011 were $914.4 million, $761.1million and $272.5 million, vs. $843.1 million, $729 million and $260.6 million during 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV