1. Health Management Associates (HMA) operates general acute care hospitals in non-urban communities. It currently operates 66 hospitals in 15 states with approximately 10,300 licensed beds and more than 40,500 dedicated associates.
For the third quarter of 2011, HMA reported revenue of $1,400.2 million, up 12% compared to the year-ago quarter. Adjusted EBITDA increased 14.9% to $195.5 million. Diluted earnings per share increased 21.4% to 17 cents. Income from continuing operations was up 24.2% to $49.7 million.
For fiscal 2011, HMA anticipates earnings per share (EPS) in the range of 76 cents to 80 cents.In November, the company announced that it has been chosen by Integris Health to negotiate exclusively a definitive agreement to joint venture five Oklahoma hospitals. Of the 24 analysts covering the stock, 63% recommend a buy and 33% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $11.00, or 51.9% above the current price, according a Bloomberg consensus. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 Health Care Stocks for 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV