2. HealthSouth (HLS) owns and operates inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. It operates in 27 states and in Puerto Rico, through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation satellite clinics and home health agencies.
For the third quarter of 2011, HLS reported net operating revenue of $497.7, up 8% from the same period in 2010. Adjusted EBITDA stood at $110.5 million, increasing 15.2% and discharge growth at 5.1%.
For fiscal year 2011, HLS estimates EBITDA in the range of $450 million to $455 million. Earnings per share are pegged between $1.18 and $1.23 per share.The company has declared regular quarterly dividend of $16.25 per share on its 6.5% Series A Convertible Perpetual Preferred Stock, payable Jan. 17, 2012. Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 74% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $25.23, or 42.8% above the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV