3. HCA Holdings (HCA) is a provider of health care services. It is comprised of locally managed facilities that include about 164 hospitals and 106 free-standing surgery centers in 20 states and the U.K.
For the third quarter 2011, HCA reported revenue of $7.310 billion, up 5.5% in the 2010 period. Adjusted EBITDA increased 4.0% to $1.412 billion, whereas same-facility equivalent admissions increased 3.8% and same-facility admissions rose 3.2%.
For fiscal year 2011, the company estimates 3% to 5% growth in adjusted EBITDA.Earlier this month, the company sold the Palmyra Medical Center in Albany, Ga. to the hospital authority of Albany-Dougherty County for approximately $198 million. Of the 25 analysts covering the stock, 76% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $30.38, or 42.1% above the current price, according a Bloomberg consensus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV