5. Universal Health Services (UHS) owns and operates acute care hospitals, behavioral health centers, surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and radiation oncology centers.
For fiscal 2011, UHS reported revenue of $1.85 billion, up 40% from 2010. Net income was $85.1 million, or 86 cents per diluted share, up 53.1%.
In November, UHS entered into a definitive agreement to acquire certain assets of Knapp Medical Center ("KMC") located in Weslaco, Texas, including a 226-bed acute-care hospital.The company recently paid a cash dividend of 5 cents. Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 81% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $51.72, or 32.8% above the current price, according a Bloomberg consensus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV