6. UnitedHealth Group (UNH) is a diversified health and well-being company offering a broad spectrum of products and services through two distinct platforms: United Health Care and Optum. It serves more than 75 million people worldwide.
Revenue generated during the third quarter 2011 was $25.2 billion, up 6.8% from $23.6 billion same in the 2010 quarter. Diluted net earnings per share increased to $1.17 from $1.14 per common share. Optum generated 22% higher revenue, year-over-year. During the quarter, the company served an additional 220,000 customers and 1.4 million people year-to-date. The company recently paid a quarterly dividend of 16.25 cents per share.
Recently, UNH agreed to acquire XL Health, a sponsor of Medicare Advantage health plans, with a focus on Medicare recipients with special needs. The company has announced that it will invest $8.6 million in Antelope Valley Healthcare District to help deliver quality health care services to residents in the Los Angeles County.Of the 25 analysts covering the stock, 84% recommend a buy and rest suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $59.56, or 16% above the current price, according a Bloomberg consensus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV