Winn-Dixie Issues Voluntary Recall On Winn-Dixie Brand Italian Green Beans
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc., is voluntarily recalling Winn-Dixie Brand Italian Green Beans sold in the 14.5 oz can with a UPC code of 2114021236 and a best by date of Sept. 2014, due to a potential for in-shell peanuts mixed with the green beans. Individuals with an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction.
The recall is being initiated out of an abundance of caution for guest safety, though the company has received no reports of illness associated with product consumption.
"We encourage guests with any concerns to return the product for a full refund, no questions asked," said Mary Kellmanson, Winn-Dixie's group vice president of marketing. "We are conducting a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the peanut contamination in order to prevent a similar incident from occurring in the future.”
Consumers with questions about the recalled product may contact the Winn-Dixie Guest Service Center toll free at 1.866.WINN-DIXIE (866.946.6349).About Winn-Dixie Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc., is one of the nation’s largest food retailers. Founded in 1925, the Company is headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla. The Company currently operates approximately 480 retail grocery locations and approximately 380 in-store pharmacies in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi. For more information, visit www.winn-dixie.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV