The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Insider Monkey) -- Insider trading based on material non-public information is illegal. But recent prosecutions indicate that insider trading is rampant on Wall Street.
Luckily, ordinary investors can benefit from these activities simply by imitating the purchases of corporate insiders. Academic studies have shown that imitating insider purchases is profitable, especially when there are several insiders buying around the same time.
Below we compiled a list of health care stocks that insiders are bullish about. All companies have at least $2 billion market cap and were purchased by at least one insider in the past month. The market data is sourced from Finviz.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV