The seed giant sits at the top of MOO's index, representing over 8% of the fund's total assets. Fellow household names hailing from the farming industry, including Potash of Saskatchewan (POT), Deere (DE) and Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM) can also be found among the fund's top holdings.
MOO saw rocky action during the latter half of 2011. The fund's success in the opening weeks of 2012 will likely depend on whether troubled global regions can work out their macroeconomic issues.
SPDR S&P EURO STOXX 50 ETF (FEZ)
The global markets do not reset with the start of a new calendar year. The patience and level-headedness required to navigate choppy waters in 2011 will again be needed in the months ahead.While I encourage investors looking to construct an international portfolio to remain hesitant towards the troubled European continent, funds like FEZ and iShares S&P Europe 350 Index Fund (IEV) are still worth keeping an eye on. ETFS Physical Palladium Shares (PALL) The auto and truck sales reports slated to come through the pipeline on Wednesday will likely impact the performance of ETFs linked to the platinum group of metals. Palladium and platinum are used extensively in the production of catalytic converters, and therefore benefit as more cars drive off the lot. Other components of the precious metals spectrum will be interesting to watch as well. Given its challenges during the final weeks of 2011, gold will likely be on the minds of many. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV