One stock that's nearing a big breakout is Zogenix (ZGNX), a specialty pharmaceutical company with two product candidates in late-stage development for the treatment of central nervous system disorders and pain. This stock has been hammered in 2011, with shares off by over 60%.
If you take a look at the chart for Zogenix, you'll see that this stock triggered a big breakout today once it moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $1.91 a share on monster volume. At last check, volume has registered over 1.7 million, which is well above its three-month average action of 240,417 shares. The stock is now nearing an even bigger breakout trade if it can manage to clear some more overhead resistance levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV