WINDERMERE, Fla. ( Stockpickr) -- U.S. stocks are trending noticeably lower today as fears grow among investors over Italy's long-term debt auction set for Thursday.
It appears that traders are taking some risk off the table ahead of the Italian auction as the euro prints new 11-month lows. Weak demand for Italian debt on Thursday could stoke more sovereign debt fears, so traders are selling equities first and asking questions later.
At last check, the Dow Jones Industrial Average had shed 131 points, and the S&P 500 was off by around 14 points. The tech-heavy Nasdaq was trending lower by 30 points.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV