Hyperdynamics (HDY) is an oil and gas exploration company with prospects in offshore Republic of Guinea in Northwest Africa. This stock is trading up 3.1% to $2.29 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.26-$2.4852-Week Range: $2.01-$7.78 Volume: 4.1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 3 million Shares of HDY are moving nicely to the upside today after the company said it has resumed drilling operations on the Sabu-1 exploration well in its concession offshore the Republic of Guinea in West Africa. From a technical standpoint, HDY has started to challenge a break out of its consolidation range from $2.01 to $2.38. This stock has been trading within that range for the past few weeks. Any high-volume move that takes HDY above $2.38 on a closing basis should set this stock up to re-test $2.75 to $3.25 in the near-term. Volume today is tracking in very strong, so look for a close over $2.38 to signal a much larger spike higher for HDY in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV