Hyperdynamics (HDY) is an oil and gas exploration company with prospects in offshore Republic of Guinea in Northwest Africa. This stock is trading up 3.1% to $2.29 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.26-$2.4852-Week Range: $2.01-$7.78 Volume: 4.1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 3 million Shares of HDY are moving nicely to the upside today after the company said it has resumed drilling operations on the Sabu-1 exploration well in its concession offshore the Republic of Guinea in West Africa. From a technical standpoint, HDY has started to challenge a break out of its consolidation range from $2.01 to $2.38. This stock has been trading within that range for the past few weeks. Any high-volume move that takes HDY above $2.38 on a closing basis should set this stock up to re-test $2.75 to $3.25 in the near-term. Volume today is tracking in very strong, so look for a close over $2.38 to signal a much larger spike higher for HDY in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV