5. Ecolab (ECL) markets cleaning and sanitizing products and pest-elimination services for hotels, food service and health care industries.
In July, ECL announced it would acquire Nalco Holding Company, a water treatment and process improvement company, for a total consideration of $8.04 billion in a stock and cash deal, according to Bloomberg. The deal closed at the end of November.Ecolab said the deal identified cost synergies of $150 million and attractive revenue opportunities. The transaction is expected to be accretive to EPS in 2012 and subsequent years, leading to double-digit growth rates for the company, Ecolab said. Of the 18 analysts covering Ecolab, 67% rate the stock a buy. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average of 8.8% to $61.92 in the coming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV