2. Sanofi (SNY) is a diversified pharmaceutical company.
In April, Sanofi completed the acquisition of Genzyme Corp., a biotechnology company, for a total consideration of $19.6 billion, or $74.00 per share, in cash plus contingent value right (CVR), according to data compiled by Bloomberg.The acquisition is expected to be accretive to Sanofi's business net earnings per share in the first year following closing, and accretive to business net earnings per share in the range of 98 cents to $1.30 by 2013. The deal will expand SNY's footprint in biotechnology and accelerate revenue growth. For the third quarter, total sales were reported at $11.4 billion, up 4.58% compared to the 2010 quarter. Genzyme's sales were $1.0 billion, rising 6.9% from the corresponding quarter of 2010, or 8.7% of total sales. Of the five analysts covering the stock, three rate it a buy and two rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg on average expect the stock to gain an average of 21% to $43.72 in the coming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV