2. Sanofi (SNY) is a diversified pharmaceutical company.
In April, Sanofi completed the acquisition of Genzyme Corp., a biotechnology company, for a total consideration of $19.6 billion, or $74.00 per share, in cash plus contingent value right (CVR), according to data compiled by Bloomberg.The acquisition is expected to be accretive to Sanofi's business net earnings per share in the first year following closing, and accretive to business net earnings per share in the range of 98 cents to $1.30 by 2013. The deal will expand SNY's footprint in biotechnology and accelerate revenue growth. For the third quarter, total sales were reported at $11.4 billion, up 4.58% compared to the 2010 quarter. Genzyme's sales were $1.0 billion, rising 6.9% from the corresponding quarter of 2010, or 8.7% of total sales. Of the five analysts covering the stock, three rate it a buy and two rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg on average expect the stock to gain an average of 21% to $43.72 in the coming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV