1. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) engages in the specialty coffee and coffee making businesses.
The company has recorded year-to-date return of 37.9%. In the past year, earnings per share grew 126.7%, while book value per share increased 135.2%, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Year-to-date revenue growth is 23.8%, while net income rose 3,327.3%. Earnings per share increased to 47 cents from 2 cents, year-to-date.
For the fourth quarter, net sales stood at $711.9 million, up 91% from the same quarter earlier year. Net income increased 179% to $75.4 million, while earnings per share surged 135% to 47 cents per diluted share. For fiscal year 2011, net sales and net income increased 95% and 151% from fiscal 2010 levels, respectively.At the end of October, the company chose Virginia for its new manufacturing and distribution facility and intends to purchase a 330,000 square foot building for $15 million. It plans to invest nearly $180 million over the initial five years of the facility's operations. For fiscal 2012, the company estimates consolidated net sales growth of 60% to 65%, while non-GAAP earnings per diluted share are seen in the range of $2.55 to $2.65. For the first quarter of fiscal 2012, consolidated net sales growth is projected between 85% and 90%. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 69% recommend a buy and 15% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 89.8% to $86.00 in the next 12 months. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 6 Good Buys for a Portfolio portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV