2. Herbalife (HLF) sells weight-management, nutrition, and personal care products in more than 78 countries through a network of 2.5 million independent distributors.
The company has the second highest year-to-date return of 54.2%. In the past year, earnings per share grew 47%, while book value per share improved 38.6%. Net dividend growth was 61.1% during the year, as per data compiled by Bloomberg. Sales grew 21.2% and net income improved 33.3%, year-to-date.
For the third quarter 2011, net sales increased 30% to $895.2 million from $688.4 million in the same quarter previous year, while volume was up 23.4%. For the quarter, net income was reported at $108 million, or 87 cents per diluted share, compared to $78.8 million, or 60 cents, in the 2010 period. The company has paid a quarterly dividend of 20 cents.Herbalife recently launched operations in Ghana -- its 39th market in Africa -- with a distribution center located in Accra. Earnings per share guidance for 2012 is in the range of $3.25 to $3.45. Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, 91% recommend a buy and the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 30.6% to $68.81 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV