4. DISH Network (DISH), ranked 200 on the Fortune 500, is a pay-television provider serving approximately 13.945 million satellite TV customers. Subsidiary Blockbuster delivers family entertainment to millions of customers worldwide.
DISH has the highest year-to-date return of 57.9%. In the past one year, earnings per share grew 55.6%, while book value per share increased 45.3%, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Revenue growth is 12.5% and net income improved 26.5%, year-to-date. At the end of the quarter, earnings per share increased to 71 cents from 56 cents, year-to-date.
For the quarter, DISH reported net revenue of $3.6 billion, up 12.3% from $3.21 billion in the same period previous year. Net income totaled $319 million, a growth of 30.3% compared to $245 million in the corresponding period last year. Diluted earnings per share were $0.71, vs. 55 cents in the 2010 quarter. The company recently paid a non-recurring dividend of $2.00 per share on outstanding Class A and Class B common stock.During 2011, DISH reached a deal with LIN Media to restore local TV channels to customers in 17 markets. The company has acquired Blockbuster's assets in a transaction valued $238 million, aiming to deliver high-quality video entertainment to consumers. Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 52% recommend a buy and 38% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 12.1% to $32.06 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV