For now, it looks like JPMorgan is the analyst favorite, with 29 out of 32 analysts rating the stock a buy according to Reuters data. The other three analysts have a hold rating.
While the outlook for Wells is also bullish, some are less optimistic about the stock given its relatively rich valuation versus the sector. Wells trades at 157% its tangible book value per share, compared to 102% in the case of JPMorgan. Several large-cap bank stocks including Bank of America (BAC) and Citigroup (C) trade at deep discounts to book value.
25 out of 34 analysts have a buy rating on Wells Fargo, reflecting overall bullishness. Eight analysts rate the stock a hold, while one analyst has a sell on the stock. Wells also has the backing of billionaire investor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV