Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) is a producer and marketer of shell eggs in the U.S. The stock is trading up 4.5% at $35.81 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 136,000Average Volume: 80,323 Volume % Change: 328% Shares of CALM are spiking higher today after the company said its second-quarter profit rose more than 50% due to strong demand for eggs and higher average selling prices. Cal-Maine's net income jumped to $23.3 million, or 97 cents per share, from $15.2 million, or 64 cents per share, last year. From a technical standpoint, CALM has gapped up big today and broken out above some past overhead resistance levels at $34.83 to $34.86 on heavy volume. Traders should now watch for the next major breakout to trigger if CALM can sustain a move and close above $36.39 on high volume. Look for volume that registers near or above 80,323 on a move over $36.39 to confirm that this stock wants to trend much higher in the near future. HomeAway
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV