- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$40.58 million to -$53.94 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$10.39 million or 215.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for CHENIERE ENERGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.50%. Regardless of LNG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LNG's net profit margin of -82.00% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 35.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- CHENIERE ENERGY INC has improved earnings per share by 8.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHENIERE ENERGY INC continued to lose money by earning -$2.02 versus -$3.19 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 11.4% in earnings (-$2.25 versus -$2.02).
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.