While next year is set to be a little different -- Apple must cope without the leadership of its visionary founder -- rumors of an Apple TV set launch have given some tech enthusiasts hope. When word came out from his biography that Jobs had "finally cracked" the problem of building a TV set with a simple user interface, analysts, including Ticonderoga Securities, have speculated this could be a huge revenue driver for Apple.
Here is Apple's product timeline since the launch of the first iPod in 2001 to the present day.
Apple introduced iTunes in January 2001, a digital jukebox of sorts. It allowed you to store all your songs on your computer in one place.
In October, Apple changed the world, by introducing consumers to the iPod. It was described as being able to have a "thousand songs in your pocket."Apple also released a new operating system for its Macintosh line of computers, OS X, as well as opening its first retail store in MacLean, Va.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV