- A broad infrastructure program focused on a massive build-out and improvement of the U.S. infrastructure base -- the restoration of our country's highways, bridges and buildings and an extensive internet bandwidth expansion are embarked upon.
- The annual increase in government spending is limited to the change in the CPI.
- A comprehensive jobs plan includes new training programs -- all veterans are made eligible to tuition subsidies to vocational schools and colleges.
- A Marshall Plan for housing is introduced, highlighted by a nationwide refinancing proposal adopted for all mortgagees (regardless of loan-to-values).
- A series of new tax increases, including a plan to raise taxes on the families with an income in excess of $500,000 a year (a two-year income tax surcharge of 5%-10%) and some other more imaginative, outside-the-box proposals (e.g., a tax on sugar products) are introduced.
- Mean test entitlements, freeze entitlement payouts and gradually increase the Social Security retirement age to 70 years old.
- A comprehensive plan is designed to rapidly develop all our energy resources.
Kass: 15 Surprises for 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.