NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Analysts often use a company's current and projected growth rate as a metric to determine the stock's future price. With a potential for robust revenue gains in 2012 or the upcoming quarters, these stocks should be on every investor's radar. In addition, some of these have estimated strong bottom line gains.
Based on average estimates of analysts polled by Bloomberg, these 10 stocks have potential upsides ranging from 8% to 74%, with average buy and average hold guidance of 70% and 27%, respectively.
10. Ecolab (ECL) develops and markets products and services for the hospitality, food service, health care and industrial markets. It provides cleaning and sanitizing products and programs, as well as pest elimination, maintenance and repair services.
For the third quarter of fiscal year 2011, ECL reported revenue of $1.7 billion, up 11%. Net income attributable to shareholders rose 13% to $177 million and adjusted diluted earnings per share increased 14% to 75 cents. International sales increased 18% and operating income improved by 23%.Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. The company expects adjusted earnings per share for fiscal 2011, excluding the impact of the Nalco merger, to be in the range of $2.53 to $2.55, growing 13% to 14% from 2010. Earlier this month, ECL acquired Esoform, an independent Italian health care manufacturer focused on infection prevention and personal care. The company has increased its quarterly cash dividend by 14% to 20 cents per common share, payable Jan. 17, 2012. Of the 18 analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend buying and 28% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $61.92, about 8.8% higher than the current price, a Bloomberg consensus shows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV