Mead Johnson Nutrition (NYSE: MJN) has conducted a new round of rigorous testing on samples of a batch of Enfamil Premium® Newborn powdered formula related to a U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) investigation. Drawn from samples parallel to those being tested by public health officials and following the same methodology, the new testing did not detect any presence of Cronobacter ( Enterobacter sakazakii).
These new results reaffirm the testing conducted before the batch was made available to retailers and consumers. Based on both sets of tests, Mead Johnson can say with confidence that Enfamil Premium Newborn formula, like every infant formula the company produces, is safe.
The company undertook the highly unusual retesting due to continuing misinformation and confusion in the marketplace. Mead Johnson recognizes that parents and health care professionals trust and rely on the Enfamil brand and takes that responsibility very seriously. The company wanted to reassure consumers – as quickly as possible and based on rigorous scientific data – of the safety and quality of all its products.
These results are consistent with independent media accounts from Reuters, CNN, the Associated Press and others, reporting that none of the formula samples relating to the case have tested positive.The U.S. FDA and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control are seeking to determine the origin of the Cronobacter involved in the Missouri case and are expected to be testing a variety of possible environmental sources. The company has shared the results from its two tests with both authorities. All Mead Johnson infant formulas undergo more than 2,300 quality tests and checks to ensure that they meet or exceed all standards set by regulatory bodies, including the World Health Organization and the U.S. FDA. As always, Mead Johnson remains committed to its mission to nourish the world’s children for the best start in life.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV