The Strangest Campaign Ads of 2011
You know things are bad when even the supporters in an ad don't know who the candidate is.
A series of ads released by GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman, leading up to his announcement he would run, featured an actor we were meant to believe was him. Day by day, we gleaned tiny bits of Huntsman trivia. He once had a rock band named Wizard. He "rides motocross to relax."
One ad produced for his benefit in New Hampshire by the Our Destiny PAC sings his praises (experience, true conservative values) then ends -- with the line viewers will remember most -- with an older man pondering: "Why haven't we heard of this guy?"Nothing instills confidence quite like the admission that your base hasn't been paying any attention to the election and that you've done a terrible job making yourself known to them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV