iShares S&P North American Technology Software Index Fund (IGV) -2.1%
It was a rough week for this software industry ETF as top index components failed to inspire on the earnings front. Oracle (ORCL) was the big loser here. After reporting its disappointing numbers, the fund tumbled back to levels last seen in late August.
Although IGV has taken its lumps, it continues to outperform against other industry-concentrated tech ETFs like iShares S&P North American Technology Multimedia Networking Index Fund (IGN) on a year-to-date-basis. As we head into the final week of the year, it will be interesting to see whether the fund can regain some of its lost ground.
iShares Silver Trust (SLV) -1.9%
It was a week of mixed action on the precious metals front, particularly for those linked to industry. While the bullion-backed SLV took a notable hit, palladium prices trudged higher, lifting Physical Palladium Shares (PALL) to four consecutive days of gains.Gold closed out the week on a slightly positive note. The iShares Gold Trust (IAU) was up less than 1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV