iShares S&P North American Technology Software Index Fund (IGV) -2.1%
It was a rough week for this software industry ETF as top index components failed to inspire on the earnings front. Oracle (ORCL) was the big loser here. After reporting its disappointing numbers, the fund tumbled back to levels last seen in late August.
Although IGV has taken its lumps, it continues to outperform against other industry-concentrated tech ETFs like iShares S&P North American Technology Multimedia Networking Index Fund (IGN) on a year-to-date-basis. As we head into the final week of the year, it will be interesting to see whether the fund can regain some of its lost ground.
iShares Silver Trust (SLV) -1.9%
It was a week of mixed action on the precious metals front, particularly for those linked to industry. While the bullion-backed SLV took a notable hit, palladium prices trudged higher, lifting Physical Palladium Shares (PALL) to four consecutive days of gains.Gold closed out the week on a slightly positive note. The iShares Gold Trust (IAU) was up less than 1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV