McDonald'sMcDonald's (MCD) franchises and operates McDonald's restaurants in the global restaurant industry. This stock is trading up 1.3% at a new high of $99.94 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $98.76-$99.94
52-week Range: $72.14-$99.94Volume: 2 million Three-Month Average Volume: 6 million McDonald's has a market cap of $102.07 billion and an enterprise value of $111.03 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 19.57 and a forward price-to-earnings of 17.41. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 13.4%, and for next year it's pegged at 9.6%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for MacDonald's is extremely low at 1.1%. From a technical standpoint, MCD recently triggered a breakout trade when the stock moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $98 to $99. Market players should continue to look for long biased trades in MCD as long as the stock continues to trend above those levels. A reasonable price target would be $120, since most stocks that take out $100 tend to trend towards $120. McDonald's shows up on recent lists of Goldman Sachs' Consumer Stock Best Buys for 2012 and the 10 Best Dow Dividend Stocks for 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV