Silicon Motion Technology
Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) is a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets semiconductor solutions for the multimedia consumer electronics market. This stock is trading up 1.8% at $20.97 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $21 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $20.72-$2152-Week Range: $4.05-$21 Volume: 212,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 761,147 Silicon Motion Technology has a market cap of $649.21 million and an enterprise value of $567.18 million. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 28.61 and a forward price-to-earnings of 14.66. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 190.5%, and for next year it's pegged at 17.2%. From a technical standpoint, SIMO is flirting with a major breakout trade if the stock can manage to sustain a move and close above $21 with heavy volume. A high-volume move above that level in should set this stock up for a sharp spike higher. At last check, volume has registered well below its average volume, so be cautious unless that volume starts to pick up. If volume does improve and SIMO takes out $21, then look for a re-test of its next significant resistance level at around $24.50 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV