Verizon Communications (VZ), through its subsidiaries, is a provider of communications services. This stock is trading up 1.6% at $39.92 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $39.95 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $39.41-$39.9552-Week Range: $25.99-$39.95 Volume: 8.6 million Three-Month Average Volume: 16 million Verizon Communications has a market cap of $112.56 billion and an enterprise value of $155.29 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 15.98 and a forward price-to-earnings of 15.59. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -1.80%, and for next year it's pegged at 15.9%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Verizon Communications is very low at 1.4%. From a technical standpoint, VZ recently trigged a breakout trade when the stock cleared some near-term overhead resistance at $37.73 to $37.84 on decent volume. Traders should now watch for the next breakout trade to trigger once VZ takes out $40 with high volume. Look for a sustained move and close above $40 with volume that's near or above about 16 million shares. If we get that action, VZ should then re-test $44 to $45 in the near future. Verizon shows up on a recent list of 15 High-Yield Momentum Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV