Kraft Foods (KFT) manufactures and markets packaged food products, including biscuits, confectionery, beverages, cheese, convenient meals and various packaged grocery products. This stock is trading up 1% to $37.69 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $37.72 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $37.22-$37.6652-Week Range: $30.21-$37.54 Volume: 1.7 million Three-Month Average Volume: 9 million Kraft Foods, one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated food stocks, has a market cap of 66.48 billion and an enterprise value of $93.42 billion. This stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 20.53 and a forward price-to-earnings of 14.93. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 12.4%, and for next year it's pegged at 11%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Kraft Foods is extremely low at 0.9%. From a technical standpoint, KFT recently triggered a breakout trade when the stock moved above some past overhead resistance levels at $36.30 and $37. Market players should now look for KFT to re-test its next significant overhead resistance at around $40, as long as the stock continues to trend above those breakout levels. Kraft, one of Warren Buffett's stocks, shows up on recent lists of Credit Suisse's 14 Ultimate Defensive Stock Picks and 9 Defensive Stocks to Play.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV