MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- In Stocks Under $10, David Peltier seeks out stocks selling below $10 and identifies attractive investment opportunities. Stockpickr's Roberto Pedone also regularly highlights stocks in the under-$10 space.
But not all stocks selling below $10 present buying or investment opportunities. I've identified several that show no ability to appreciate in the futures and should remain in the single digits. These stocks are not necessarily on their way to bankruptcy, but they do not exhibit the qualities that are precursors to improving fundamental performance.
Don't get trapped into thinking that these companies will resurrect their fortunes. Here are eight stocks under $10 to avoid.Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia I have a long history withMartha Stewart Living Omnimedia (MSO). I was one of the stalwart shorts when the company's namesake, Martha Stewart, was on trial several years ago. Even many dyed-in-the-wool short-sellers were long Martha Stewart stock.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV