The five-year patent agreement covers the use of Rambus patents used by Broadcom in its integrated circuit products. In addition, both companies have settled all previous outstanding claims.
Sina (SINA) shares were up nearly 4% to $55.70 as rumors continued for a second day that Russian venture capital firm Digital Sky Technologies has invested in the company.Sina owns a Weibo, a site similar to Twitter, which allows users to post messages of 140 characters. Shares have fallen from a high of $147.12 earlier in the year to current levels, and are down 19.2% year to date.
Shutterfly (SFLY) shares were sharply lower, off 5.3% to $23.77, after the photo sharing Web site cut fourth-quarter revenue guidance. The company said it expects fourth-quarter revenue to be between $259 million and $264 million. It previously saw revenue coming in at a range of $270.5 million to $275.5 million. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect revenue of $267.8 million. Tech stocks were generally rising Friday, with the Nasdaq up 12 points, as durable goods surged in November, led by orders for transportation equipment. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV