The factor community -- those who provide loans or lines of credit to suppliers and apparel makers to tide them over until retailers make payments -- have expressed concern over the state of Sears, saying vendors are already starting to pull back and could distance themselves further from the company if things don't change soon.
Decisions are on hold until fourth-quarter numbers are released but if the numbers aren't good, things could get tighter from a supplier and vendor perspective, according to several major factoring firms who wished to remain anonymous because of their relationship with the company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV