Attorney Advertising--Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC is investigating potential claims on behalf of purchasers of the securities of Vivus, Inc. (“Vivus” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:VVUS - News), concerning whether the company and certain of its officers and directors have violated federal securities laws.
On December 22, 2011, shares of Vivus plunged 15 percent after bad news about an ingredient in its Qnexa obesity drug, is now under review by U.S. regulators. The company tested topiramate, an ingredient in Qnexa, and found that babies born from moms taking the drug had a higher rate of cleft lip and cleft palate. Vivus ran this test, called “Fortress,” for Fetal Outcome Retrospective TopiRamate ExpoSure Study, at the request of regulators. It found a prevalence rate of clefts of 0.29 percent for babies exposed to topiramate while their mothers were pregnant, versus a 0.16 percent rate in babies from moms exposed to the drug before they became pregnant. The Food and Drug Administration refused to approve Qnexa in October 2010 because of concerns about birth defects including cleft lip and palate.
If you are aware of any facts relating to this investigation, or purchased shares of Vivus, you can assist this investigation by contacting either Peretz Bronstein or Eitan Kimelman of Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC at 212-697-6484 or via email email@example.com. Those who inquire by e-mail are encouraged to include their mailing address and telephone number.
Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC is a corporate litigation boutique. Our primary expertise is the aggressive pursuit of both class and individual litigation claims on behalf of our clients. In addition to representing institutions and other investor plaintiffs in class action security litigation, the firm’s expertise includes general corporate work, litigation and securities arbitration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV