Westway Group Inc. Stock Upgraded (WWAY)
- WWAY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 23.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 33.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- WESTWAY GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WESTWAY GROUP INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.04 versus -$0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.18 versus -$0.04).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 240.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.89 million to $3.03 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 300.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 56.08% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 190.35% to $9.03 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 190.35%, WESTWAY GROUP INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 343.01%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.