PORTLAND, Ore., Dec. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Blount International, Inc. (NYSE: BLT) ("Blount" or the "Company') announced today that Chad E. Paulson has been elected as the Company's Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary effective January 1, 2012. Mr. Paulson replaces Richard H. Irving III who had previously announced his plans to retire from the Company effective December 31, 2011.
Mr. Paulson joined Blount International in 2006 as Corporate Counsel. Prior to his employment at Blount he was Senior Counsel at PacifiCorp and an Associate at Miller Nash LLP. Mr. Paulson holds a JD from the University of Oregon School of Law and a B.S. in Political Science from Oregon State University.
Commenting on the appointment, Blount Chairman and CEO Josh Collins stated, "We are fortunate to have someone of Chad's caliber internally to promote into this critical position. In his five years with Blount, Chad has demonstrated the ability to provide quality legal counsel to management as we pursued our growth plans. I would also like to thank Dick Irving for his many contributions to Blount over the past seventeen years, including the mentorship he provided Chad to ensure a successful transition of the Company's General Counsel."Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for the forestry, lawn and garden; farm, ranch and agriculture; and construction markets, and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chainsaws. Blount sells its products in more than 100 countries around the world. For more information about Blount, please visit our website at http://www.blount.com SOURCE Blount International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV