Eastman Kodak is selling the business, which has roughly 95 employees and makes gelatin used in photographic movie film and paper emulsions, to Rousselot, which is part of the Vion Food Group. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
Kodak said Quatela, who most recently served as general counsel, will serve as president alongside current president Philip Faraci, and that both will report to CEO Antonio Perez.
The stock was last quoted at 77 cents, up 22%, on volume of more than 400,000, according to Nasdaq.com.
Momenta PharmaceuticalsShares of Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA) surged in the extended session after the company inked a deal to collaborate with Baxter International (BAX) on the development of follow-on biologics. The deal calls for Baxter to make an upfront cash payment of $33 million to Momenta covering the initial collaboration on up to six follow-on biologic compounds. Momenta could receive additional payments based upon the development of the compounds and milestones reached. The parties expect to close the deal in the first quarter. Momenta shares were last quoted at $18.10, up 6.4%, on volume of nearly 50,000, according to Nasdaq.com. Based on Thursday's regular-session close at $17.02, the stock was up more than 9% in the past year.
RambusA patent licensing agreement with Broadcom (BRCM) sent shares of Rambus (RMBS) higher in the after-hours session. The five-year deal covers the use of Rambus-patented technology in Broadcom chips, and resolves litigation between the two parties. Financial terms weren't disclosed. Rambus shares leapt nearly 8% to $7.89 in late trades on volume of 65,000, while Broadcom's stock was unchanged at $29.77. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV